Most of us meet every Tuesday for Cup of Grace’s community meal, but did you know that our organization goes beyond that? We are a small group of volunteers trying to make a difference in our community. The community meals have been a great way to bring neighbors in Spirit Lake together, and we have more in store for you, such as a weekend lunch program for youth in town to supplement what they receive during the week.
Here are some of the projects Cup of Grace accomplished in 2017 alone:
- Served a free dinner every Tuesday
- Served a men’s breakfast the first Saturday of every month
- Collected clothing and helps staff (and supplied) Phoebe’s Place, a free community thrift store located in the Priest River Ministries Advocacy Center in Spirit Lake
- Provided a sack lunch to the Spirit Lake Baptist Church Youth Group every Wednesday, serving 30 to 60 children
- Ran a glove, coat, and boot drive for Spirit Lake Elementary, Timberlake Junior High School, and Timberlake Senior High School
- Provided hot dogs at the Spirit Lake Police Department’s Movies in the Park event
- Purchased grocery and gas for individuals who seek help from Cup of Grace
- Adopted a family and donated gifts and grocery cards at Christmas
See what we’re up to now. The need for compassion and helping our neighbors get back on their feet is great in our rural communities. Let’s do this together! If you’re interested on volunteering visit here.