The Tuesday night community meals at the Spirit Lake Community Center are served from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
We help stock and maintain School Clothes Closets for several area schools: Spirit Lake Elementary, Athol Elementary, John Brown Elementary, Betty Kiefer Elementary, Timberlake Junior High, Timberlake High School and Mountain View HS.
We operate a Diaper Bank for single moms and families who need diapers for their little ones. We reduce mom’s stress level by helping to keep those cute little tushes covered!
Summer Weekend Free Kids Lunches and Weekend Bags are handed out every Saturday in the Big Park in Spirit Lake from 11:30 a.m. until we run out. In 2020, the program will runs from June 6th through September 5th.
If you or someone you know needs assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Home Repairs and Light Housework – We desire to become a resource center for members of our community who need minor home repairs and light housework done, but are unable to pay for such services. We would like to compile a list of licensed and insured local service providers who are willing to do the work at a discounted fee or free of charge. Stay tuned!
Some of Cup of Grace’s accomplishments in 2019 include:
- Served 4,440 free dinners on Tuesdays at the Community Center
- Distributed 436 free kids’ weekend summer lunches and 342 “weekend bags”
- Built a Clothes Closet for Timberlake High School and stocked it with coats, clothes, footwear, and toiletries. Stocked and maintained existing Clothes Closets at Spirit Lake Elementary, Athol Elementary, Timberlake Junior High, Betty Kiefer Elementary and John Brown Elementary.
- Provided food to a local church youth group
- Started a Diaper Bank to provide diapers and wipes to moms and families in need
- Partnered with First Interstate Bank/Spirit Lake Branch, Spirit Lake Elementary PTO, Spirit Lake City Hall, Spirit Lake Seniors and Brickel Creek Coffee on special fundraising events and donation drives
- Held the 2nd Annual Cup of Grace Family “FUN”draiser
- Purchased emergency groceries and gas for individuals and families in need
- Coordinated the adoption of several local families at Christmas, donating gifts and grocery cards