The Tuesday night community meals at the Spirit Lake Community Center are served from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
We help stock and maintain School Clothes Closets for several area schools: Spirit Lake Elementary, Athol Elementary, John Brown Elementary, Betty Kiefer Elementary, Timberlake Junior High and Timberlake High School.
We operate a Diaper Bank for single moms and families who need diapers for their little ones. We reduce mom’s stress level by helping to keep those cute little tushes covered!
Summer Weekend Free Kids Lunches and Weekend Bags are handed out every Saturday in the Big Park in Spirit Lake from 11:30 a.m. until we run out. In 2019, the program runs from June 8th through August 31st.
If you or someone you know needs assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Home Repairs and Light Housework – We desire to become a resource center for members of our community who need minor home repairs and light housework done, but are unable to pay for such services. We would like to compile a list of licensed and insured local service providers who are willing to do the work at a discounted fee or free of charge. Stay tuned!
Some of Cup of Grace’s accomplishments in 2018, include:
- Served 3,634 free dinners on Tuesdays at the Community Center
- Served over 100 free men’s breakfast the first Saturday of every month
- Distributed 532 free kids’ weekend summer lunches and over 200 “weekend bags”
- Bought coats, boots, gloves and warm clothing for local schools’ clothes closets
- Provided food to a local church youth group
- Partnered with the Spirit Lake Police Department for their Free Movie in the Park, Open House, and after-Christmas Youth Event at Timberlake JHS
- Purchased emergency groceries and gas for individuals and families in need
- Partnered with Real Life Ministries to adopt several families at Christmas, donating gifts and grocery cards