Summer Free Lunch Program for Kids – Starting the first Saturday of summer vacation for Lakeland School District we serve lunch and give out take-home bags every Saturday until school starts back up in Spirit Lake’s Big Park starting at 11:30 a.m.
School Clothes Closets – During the school year, we help keep our schools’ clothes closets well-stocked with items the kids might need.
Buddy Bags – Our first responders often come into contact with children who are dealing with traumatic or tough situations. Cup of Grace provides “Buddy Bags” that can be carried in emergency vehicles and provided to children during these scary and stressful experiences.
Diaper Bank Program – We operate a Diaper Bank for single parents and families who need diapers for their little ones. We reduce parent’s stress levels by helping to keep those cute little tushes covered!
If you or someone you know needs assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Home Repairs and Light Housework – We desire to become a resource center for members of our community who need minor home repairs and light housework done, but are unable to pay for such services. We would like to compile a list of licensed and insured local service providers who are willing to do the work at a discounted fee or free of charge. Stay tuned!
Some of Cup of Grace’s accomplishments in 2019 include:
- Served 4,440 free dinners on Tuesdays at the Community Center
- Distributed 436 free kids’ weekend summer lunches and 342 “weekend bags”
- Built a Clothes Closet for Timberlake High School and stocked it with coats, clothes, footwear, and toiletries. Stocked and maintained existing Clothes Closets at Spirit Lake Elementary, Athol Elementary, Timberlake Junior High, Betty Kiefer Elementary and John Brown Elementary.
- Provided food to a local church youth group
- Started a Diaper Bank to provide diapers and wipes to moms and families in need
- Partnered with First Interstate Bank/Spirit Lake Branch, Spirit Lake Elementary PTO, Spirit Lake City Hall, Spirit Lake Seniors and Brickel Creek Coffee on special fundraising events and donation drives
- Held the 2nd Annual Cup of Grace Family “FUN”draiser
- Purchased emergency groceries and gas for individuals and families in need
- Coordinated the adoption of several local families at Christmas, donating gifts and grocery cards